Most of the trailers in this game are like trying to drag your skateboard behind you through the rocks.
There is no copy/pasting here... Each of the 28 trailers have been individually tuned by me. Each trailer has different characteristics. You can't just add wheels because the suspension still sucks! They don't all have the same suspension type, load carrying capability or weight.
There will be some clipping with mud flaps.
The main thing is that they drive much better! Keep in mind there is no automatic load leveling like on real air suspension equipped trailers so some trailers sit high unloaded and suspension on the stiff side. Load it up and they ride like butter! No active suspension possible. Connecting trailers to trailers is also not possible without winching.
PC Players: There is a seperate download called "ort_vanilla_overwrite_v12_1_2.zip" with the vanilla names so you can drag and drop them into the initial.pak to use them (at your own risk) natively. That's up to you. This will require you to update your vanilla trailers manually as I update them here. Direction for doing this at the bottom. Updates via Subscribe are automatic.
Key things I have done:
- Additional suspension height for use with vanilla and mod trucks.
- Larger, more suitable tires per application.
- Additional tire traction in all situations.
- Raised landing gear to highest position.
- Added wheel damping.
- Trailer DOLLY PIVOT LOCK: Trailer dolly locks in any position via the functions menu. Pivot angle increased from 50 to 150 degrees with less spring force... Allows trailer to turn a tighter radius and will not try to flip so easy.
- Flexible suspension.
- Corrected track widths.
- Corrected wheel widths (The tire track you see on the ground).
- Additional Fuel and repair quantities.
- Additional cargo on some where applicable.
- Re-enabled lighting.
- Scout Trailer Oil Tank: Fuel capacity from 900L to 1250L
- Prototype Exploration Unit: Fuel capacity from 120L (6 scans) to 240L (12 scans)
- Heavy Oil Tank: Fuel capacity from 5000L to 7500L
- Off Road Heavy Duty Lowboy Trailer: Now carries 4 cargo slots that have been re-positioned so there is virtually no clipping
- Semi-Trailer Oil Tank: Fuel capacity from 3700L to 7500L
- Addon Maintainer: Working service lights. Added 2000L Fuel, Repair points from 350 to 725 and wheels from 6 to 8
- 2 Slot cargo trailers: Centered cargo
- Flatbed_special_2 added: 600 Fuel, 1000 Repair Points, 8 Wheels
- Oil Tank: Fuel capacity from 2000L to 4000L
- Generator Trailer: Fuel capacity from 1500L to 2000L
- Added repair points to some trailers with boxes from RafaTGG
-Scout Flatbed 1 : 50 repair
-Scout Flatbed 2: 100 repair
-Semitrailer Flatbed 5: 175 repair
-Semitrailer Sideboard 5: 175 repair
-Trailer Flatbed 2: 125 repair
-Semitrailer Gooseneck 8: 300 repair and 50 fuel
TRAILER JACKS (STILL) CANNOT BE MADE TALLER I hope that someday devs will fix this! Check out my other tweaks as most of them have active suspension to get under short legged semi trailers.
Big thanks to PuppyMaster_aka_DW77 for the initial help!
Check out our map where I test everything: CTFT Proving Ground Region
How to use these trailers natively:
- - This is a do-it-at-your-own-risk type of thing. Back up your initial.pak first if you are unsure of what you are doing. I have yet to break my game and this download will not break yours if installed correctly. - -
1. Download the "ort_vanilla_overwrite_v12_1_2". (ort stands for Off Road Trailers)
2. Open your initial.pak with WINRAR
Your initial.pak should be here:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SnowRunner\en_us\preload\paks\client
3. Drag and drop the "[media]" folder from the ORT download into your initial.pak.
4. Turn off Off Road Trailers in mod menu/browser to prevent duplicates in your trailer store!
Check out my other tweaks as most of them have active suspension to get under short legged semi trailers.
Join us on discord at Discord.gg