This unit, a 6x6 tactical 1 and 1/4 ton articulated military off-roader, was found decaying in a barn by a client and we were approached wondering if it could be restored. We gleefully agreed, this being the shop's first restoration job. However, we had no idea about the level of mechanical complexity that we were getting ourselves into.
For nearly 4 months, the truck was under relelentless restoration work involving sifting through official blue prints and manuals, scouring for parts on auction sites, fabricating them were necessary using some creative liberty, where neither parts nor reference designs cou|d be found. All the hardships were forgotten the moment 3-53 aluminium block sprung to life and we were able to get the truck pitch and roll merrily.
The client was kind enough to allow the truck to be driven and enjoyed by fellow truck enthusiasts like you and here we are throwing it open for public use.
- 4 different engine options (Stock, Cruiser, Climber, Sprinter)
- These engines are known to be extremely noisy and needed ear protection devices in the field. Would advise to reduce the in-game Engine Sounds volume to reduce the annoyance.
- 2 gearbox options (Offroad, HighRange)
- 9 Single Tone and Camo Paint Jobs
- Default and First 9 Paints are Mint Versions (highlighted in red) and Next 9 are worn/dusty variants of the mint versions (highlighted in green)
- Colored Rims to match these paint jobs
- Simultaneous Front and Rear Steering (The steering by design can be difficult to handle, but you will learn to tame it with practice)
- Carrier Articulation
- Upto 40 degrees Pitch Movement
- Upto 30 degrees Roll Movement
- Speed, Fuel, Temperature, Battery Generator, Oil Pressure Gauges
- Animated Controls
- Headlamp Off/Service Drive/Park/Dim/Unlock Controls
- Master Switch & Throttle Controls
- Trailers Compatibility - Vanilla Scout
- Tractor Addons
- The Roof, WindShield and Engine Bay Lid are all designed to be removable addons
- The Engine Bay Lid can be opened, but beware - the Detroit Diesel's already notorious decibel levels would only become worse
- 20L Jerry Cans (upto 4 cans)
- US Army Stickers
- Carrier Addons
- Canopy Frame
- Canopy Cloth
- Spare Wheels (upto 4)
- 20L Jerry Cans (upto 24 cans)
- Pioneer Tools (with Repair Supplies)
- US Army Stickers
- PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, Switch
- (Once Approved by Saber) PS5
- Every single part of the truck and the wheel were completely modeled from scratch and rigged using Blender
- Texturing using Blender and Substance Painter
- Xml Authoring using VS Code
- "The Modders Forum" & CTFT Discord Servers for the extensive knowledge and the help & appreciation accorded
Inspired by the M561 Gama Goat.
Please leave your feedback with a like or dislike after trying it out. If you dislike, please leave a comment as well as to what you would like to be improved. If you like it you can show your appreciation by buying me a coffee
Please do not rip or reupload this mod in part or whole either for public or private use. If you think you are especially good at modeling or rigging or texturing, consider joining hands with another modd*r, and let the entire community benefit from your skills.