WolFRocks Realism Overhaul
This is the original Realism Overhaul mod by WolFRock who has made this mod possible.
It was left behind a couple game updates ago and I have worked on keeping it compatible with recent updates.
This page is to make it easier for download purposes.
The mod is global, it contains many changes to the game files, installation is possible only by replacing the initial.pak file
If you are subscribed to the mod you will have the following additional content:
-Western Star TwinSteer 6900XT-RS (Rear axle steering enabled version)
-TUZ 420 "Tatarin" AWS (All wheel steering version or tank like steering)
-Western Star 49X-XMT (Custom version of the 49X with the middle axle powered) Disabled due to T.o.S.
-Tow Hitch Bumper for Chevy Apache
-New Medium Logs Frame Addon
-New Long Logs Frame Addon for the TwinSteer /RS
-AWD upgrade for the Pacific P512 (Thanks Maltanoro for the suggestion 😁)
-New grey variant of the CAT C745 Bunk Log Frame Addon
-New Black variant of the 2 and 3 slot Sideboard Bed Frame Addons
-New Medium Logs Frame Addon for the TwinSteer /RS
-AWD Upgrade for the CAT 770G
-Option to move the spare tire higher up on the Khan Marshall to allow trailers to attach
- Additional Repair Parts and fuel for all cars and trucks (You need to subscribe to the mod and enable it in the game!)
- You may also like Real Reshade created for this mod (This is the initial version, but now the game looks better)
- All vehicles have additional upgrades, frame addons and/or customization parts
- All Roof racks, trunks and other maintenance/service frame addons have been set to realistic spare parts capacities
- Tuned: engines, gearboxes, suspensions
- Wheels are completely overhauled (3d models, names, friction, unlock ranks and prices have been completely changed - Realism Overhaul V2 Tire Stats)
- Gearboxes have a different number of gears (from 4 to 12 depending on the improvement)
- Unlocked additional accessories (you can remove almost everything and install a lot of addons at once, including new ones)
- Slightly increased winches length (different winches have different power and length)
- The weight of the trucks is now the real one (You will feel how it is to drive around in a 20+ tones of pure steel when you drive one of the Pacific trucks or other huge trucks)
- The dirt has been increased (increase the amount of dirt after rain and snow, as well as the amount of dirt falling on the car)
- Exhaust smoke has been slightly increased
- Weather have been slightly altered (heavy snow and heavy rain increased, slightly increased light snow and light rain)
- Added dynamic weather, added clouds on the horizon
- Added all trailers for sale
- Added real weight for cargo Huge thanks to Gumides for letting me integrate his amazing Heavy Haul Mod into Realism Overhaul
- Added Real fuel tank volumes thanks to ElfVierzehn and his mod for the data found (I understand that some fuel tanks are too large and some are small, but engine tuning is ongoing)
- Increased fuel consumption (tuned gearboxes and engines for increased realism and better compatibility with the realistic fuel tank capacities)
- Damage capacity changed to more realistic values: Wheels, Gearboxes, Engines, Fuel Tanks, Suspensions.
- Improved Responsive Steering (Each truck has its own steering speed and responsiveness)
- Added Better Tire Pressure thanks to Siraij and his mod for settings. (I experimented with different settings, tried different mod options and decided to use these settings)
- Added some settings from R-Physics MOD, VAXIS has not answered my post yet, but I think he will not mind (since the mod is global and there is not enough time to create and test everything)
- Now all the trees can break, the limit of small trees is slightly increased, the limit is added to the medium and large (you can tear out the trees if you attach a winch, get closer it a little to the tree and pull it out of acceleration)
- And many other changes...
(Yep, ↑ that ↑ above is a link and I did it like this because Mod.io does not support GiFs)
(This also allows me to upload higher quality photos due to no size restriction)
(Some really high quality GiFs may take a second to fully load especially on mobile devices)
- Multiplayer: Fully working as long as all players have the mod installed
- Mod No Recovery: To use both mods together, first install Realism Overhaul and SECOND install No Recovery (thanks Lo2k for mod compatibility)
- The rest of the mods : All subscription mods are fully compatible. If there is a mod that needs to be installed manually you can install them on top of my mod (by editing the initial.pak file, open the file and move the folders)
- This mod changes the initial.pak file and any mod modifying this .pak could conflict with this mod.
- This mod is global, so you do not install it simply by clicking the subscribe button.
- But the subscription button will notify you if an update is released and it will also add some additional content.
- The Realism Overhaul V2 Tire Stats
How to install the mod:
- Click on the mod size above the description to download the file and unzip with WinRAR
- Close your game
- Go to your game directory (i.e. Epic Library\SnowRunner\en_us\preload\paks\client\)
- Backup your original "initial.pak" file
- Replace the original initial.pak file with my modified initial.pak file.
The new Compatibility Patch:
- Installation instructions can be found here and inside the archive.
- This will always be compatible with the game no matter what version you are using (as long as the devs of the game will not make major changes to some core components which never happened from release until now)
- Please ignore the Sub_Content.pak file inside the archive as that is only for the subscribe content and not part of the installation.
-All you know and love but now working with version 12.2 Phase 3
Highlights from 1.6.1:
-Small update to the wheels overhaul from the last update
-A few other additions, fixes and quality of life improvements
Detailed changelog available in the changelog section of the files.
Also, some details regarding the new wheels/tires changes can be found in The Realism Overhaul V2 Tire Stats
Adding to the experience:
- If you ever need the game to be even harder than this I can assure you that the current version of the Heavy Haul Mod created by Gumides is fully compatible with Realism Overhaul.
NOW INTEGRATED INTO REALISM OVERHAUL. HUGE THANKS TO Gumides FOR THIS.
If you enjoy the realistic cargo weight please leave a like or comment on the Heavy Haul Mod page for the insane amount of time he put into this 😁
Installation: The order does not matter. It installs exactly like the compatibility patch. ( If you use the full initial.pak you must install Realism Overhaul first )
Installation: You must install the Off Road Trailers Mod first and than the Compatibility Patch over it. ( It's not fully compatible if you use the full initial.pak file for installing Realism Overhaul)
I do recommend to install the ort_vanilla_overwrite.zip one as this will replace all trailers in the game with those better ones, even those that you find scattered across the map 😁