The Lumber mill is back up and operational and the hills are once again echoing to the roars of prehistoric beasts from the fossil fuel era, That's right. You're in Pacific Territory baby!!!!, So climb into the cab, put on that AC/DC Cassette and get to work. But hey, don't forget to show those diesel burning highway trucks some love too. Oh and I'm also hearing something about high pressure pipes again? Find out what on earth is going on out there will ya ;)
Patch 2.0 adds the Lumber Mill and a deep winding and narrowing Forestry road that is heavily inspired by the videos found on Youtube of the awesome Pacific P16's and P12's hauling lumber.
-I highly recommend subscribing to Thorgrins Log Pole Trailer for the P16 Mod and also the Free The Logs Mod to get the most out of this update.
Welcome to Ontario Canada!
This is a realistic Logging Map with realistically beautiful scenery designed with simulation multiplayer roleplay in mind, It is a very large map and currently features one major route and task, though a few smaller additional tasks are included. This map will be fully supported and developed until completion with many more roads and additional tasks.
A lot of this map was designed with inspiration from real life logging operations that continue in Ontario, particularly the long rows of lumber stacks that line the road sides found on google :)
A few things to consider.
- The idea with this map is realism, the tasks are large, and yes. real life logging is very back and forth hauling lumber.
- Work together, choose a zone to haul from and all haul out of the one location. this will create a feeling of a full workplace.
- Operate using similar equipment, if you're using highway trucks then everyone use highway trucks. This adds to realism.
- Use low gears at all times, this is realistic and will dramatically reduce incidents and mishaps. I recommend Fine Tuned gearboxes.
- Always give way to loaded trucks, this is a non negotiable, Communication is key here.
- And of course any feedback and support will be greatly appreciated! and if you enjoy this map and the style of gameplay my efforts can be rewarded at PayPal.Me/TopAirspace I'm just one little person and this undertaking literally consumes the majority of my spare time, (many many hundreds of hours and counting!)
Now! with all that being said, This is the first day back to work after a few weeks of heavy rain, though despite this the forest roads are looking well so we're back in business, so grab a few friends, your favourite trucks and get to it!. That's a big TenFour.
Patch Notes Ver. 2.0.0
- Added the Lumber Mill and a new forestry route.
- Various Improvements and Bug Fixes.
Patch Notes Ver. 1.5.0.
- Visual update to the map and a subtle re-shade by adding several different new grass types to create a far more realistic foliage blend.
- Performed a significant scenery update on the twisty climb to Lumber Zones 2 and 3. The scenery is now far more realistic and lush with improved density.
- The main road leading to the Lumber Train Station has been slightly narrowed and visually updated to better resemble how these types of roads appear in reality.
- The Garage has received a small visual enhancement.