***NOTICE*** As of this writing, this mod will no longer be getting support. What's here is it. I have not been able to find any "proof" but it seems that Saber had managed to break many of the things for which I created this mod to over come. Primarily I learned the XML for Snowrunner so I could make trucks which allowed me to forgo the many hours grinding through mud just to complete one mission. Since better tires were the means to accomplish this, I made "super" tires that drove through mud and snow with little issue. Somewhere in the last two updates from Saber, they changed how the tires interact with the surfaces. The truck began to sink when it was stopped, it refused to roll from a stop, and the brakes fade when used (both E-brake and main brakes). From my testing, it seems that the mass of the trucks have a bigger impact on brakes and the mass of the cargo has also changed (for the worse). All in all, in order for my modded truck to work as designed (and did when released), I have to turn down the specs of the tries to a level that is no better than standard game values. This makes this mod mostly worthless to me as do my other mods. I'm not going to spend more time just to figure out how to work in a new universe with different laws.
I wish you all good health and good luck, both with the game and with other mods. I don't think I'm alone but I'm surely not going to continue in this environment.
P.S. If there is anyone out there that wants to take over this mod, please do. As there is nothing proprietary in the mod, just download the .zip file and put it into your mod folder. Just change the name of the truck .XML and the pictures so anything you put out to public does not conflict with this version. Good Luck.
21 Jan. 2021 - 0115 GMT : Updated tires to address issues. I was able to do some testing (and lose some sleep) and it seems that the tire specs I was using were just a little too aggressive. They made the tires grip so well that they did not want to roll. I have changed the tires to a less aggressive level and that seems to have helped a lot. I'm not sure this will fix the parking brake issue but my tests did not show any real problems. However, the issue was not easy to reproduce so I can not be completely sure if everything is good. Please leave me a message if you experience any issues. Thank you. (The update making it to console will take a few days as it has to be reviewed and moved over. I suspect it will be available soon)
20 Jan. 2021 - 0700 GMT : I have been experiencing some issues with stopping and starting as well not having the parking brake work as it should. I got a message from one of the users stating the same thing. I am looking into the problems and will post an update when I have identified the cause and have a fix. As it is not all the time, it is taking a little testing to duplicate the issue and then apply a possible fix. I hope to have something by the 22nd. Thank you for being patient.
- Large fuel capacity - 600L
- The Engines have been changed and updated to have more power. The better engines are more than adequate for any hauling. I have reduced their responsiveness so may seems sluggish.
- It has a Maintenance Frame Addon with unrealistic values: 2500 repair, 2000L fuel, and 10 tire repairs to make this a mobile service hub
- Faster and sharper steering
- Fulltime Diff. Lock with engageable AWD
- Extra long and strong offline winch
- I've included a full set of tires with higher specs. I've also added in a couple of special "snow tires" which are mud tires with extra specs to work on ice. These are in the Chain Tire category. All tires cost $4000. All of the available tires are set up the same so all tires should be very similar in performance. There are NO game based tires included nor are there any extra wide tires (i.e. Quasimoto Mud Tires)
- A custom gearbox and active suspension to take advantage of the better tires. The Normal and Raised suspensions also work pretty well.
- The truck has its mass adjusted to keep it more firmly on the ground. It can tip and it does carry the front tires under load. The custom suspension is better than the normal and raised options and seems to make the truck much easier to drive on rough trails
- The custom gearbox does provide some good speed in top gears and the low gears provide plenty of power to go up hills and through mud. You will need one of the better motors to haul heavy loads. If you like the original gearboxes, they are available.
- Several new Snorkels
- Most, if not all, items are unlocked. I don't recall seeing any locks but that does not mean there aren't any. Sorry