MANUAL INSTALLATION ONLY
Warning! This mod increases the difficulty of the game considerably!
- It is easier to get stuck in the mud and tip over, mistakes will be punishing.
- Your fuel economy will suffer, and deliveries will take longer.
- It will require route planning, truck and trailer choice matters more.
- Some trucks won't be able to carry cargo AND tow a trailer.
- There is a logical progression of weights achieved to keep it realistic, wood is lightest and concrete super heavy.
- But all of that makes the gameplay more tense and satisfying, so if you're up to the challange, welcome :)
At first i was planning to input realistic values, however that wouldnt work in reality of the game, without a huge rebalance of engines, suspensions, tires, trailers and cranes.
But i still wanted to make the game more difficult, especially if using tweaked/modded trucks that make it too easy.
So instead i have decided for a mix or reality and gameplay so it's perfectly balanced, as all cargo should be.
I've also taken great care and long testing to make sure even the heaviest cargo is deliverable even with Vanilla trucks.
Wisconsin Phase 3 Update!
- Added the 4 types of new cargo to the mod
- Logging untouched for now, it works differently then others and seems fine anyway
- Sequoia 5 slot is now the heaviest thing to transport, i feel Phase 3 and new trucks demand increase in difficulty.
- Updated spreadsheet added, consult for all new values, diffrent colors for each DLC.
I take no responsibility for damages if you didnt back up!!
It can be combined with other inital.pak mods as long as it doesnt use the same files.
- Make a backup somewhere safe of .\SnowRunner\en_us\preload\paks\client\initial.pak
- Unpack my mod with winrar
- Open initial.pak from your game with winrar, and then drag and drop the [media] folder from the mod you want to activate
- Load the game and test
- Profit in better experience!
- To update, just override with new files, it's perfectly safe.
To reverse, replace the initial.pak with your backup.
Many thanks to Tazmanyak for his incredible amount of help with testing and ideas.
Try out my other mod, since you will be spending more time in the mud :)