Update 10-4-21: Reset wheel positions for both trucks, fixed jerrycan placement, fixed lightbar clipping with roof racks, readjusted wheel and tire fitments, added glowing gauges at night
We have fully redone this truck and added a boatload of new or fixed stuff. Before you sits the GWC G-One 2 pack.
First is the normal independent suspension version (which is all new to this truck). Then we have the straight axle conversion.
People have asked, why a straight axle? Where is the independent suspension? Well, it went into the trash after it was damaged from driving over an IED in Afghanistan. After buying it at auction, the new owner decided it was less expensive to adapt the straight axles he had laying in the barn than trying to source out the mil-spec parts to rebuild it.
We have 3 motor options, 3 gearbox options, 3 suspension choices, custom winch options, and a bunch of optional parts.
By optional I mean you might not need or even want this stuff where you're going. We are talking we can take the doors off, we can take the rear roof off, we can install a slant back, many different custom tires and wheels, roof racks, snorkels, and even a rear ladder. Did I mention custom camo paint jobs?
The gearboxes are a little more unique as the High gear selection is actually the faster than the top gear in auto mode (unlike how the stock trucks do it).
The original model for this was found on sketchup and was in pretty poor shape to be honest. A lot of work went into rebuilding the entire interior of the body, hand crafting parts like the slant back from scratch, and piecing together the suspension due to the horrible "thing" they called a suspension that was under this model (seriously, it was a couple of blocks and a single shock sticking through the floor boards). The new independent suspension was fully modeled by me from scratch. New engine, transfercase, and center diff models were found on Sketchup.
Again, many thanks to all of those who are willing and patient enough on Discord to teach me what they know and help out along the way.
Full Change Log for 2.0 update....
- All new Independent suspension version
- Remodeled the straight axles, leaf springs, and shock mounts
- Added mass to the truck for more realistic feel
- Adjusted the overall scale of the truck
- Added a full interior view with working gauges (note mirrors are impossible to have functional as they are part of the removable doors, trust me, I tried)
- Added new custom made roof racks, light bars, and rear ladder to replace the vanilla parts that were being used
- Revamped the majority of the textures
- Retuned the suspensions to work better with the added mass
- Added a whole new variety of tires and wheels
- Probably some other odds and ends that Im forgetting
You can check out my channels on The Modders Forumand CTFT discord servers to keep up to date with what Im working on next.
CTFT Discord - Discord.gg
The Modders Forum Discord - Discord.gg