Mod is now compatible with update 12.2 from 18.03.2021! If you find a mistake, please let me know!
If there's a game update that changes any truck file, I'll update the mod asap.
- manual installation only - see easy tutorial below
- fuel capacity changed to real values for every vanilla and addon truck
- fuel consumption lowered for several engine types
- especially for single players
- also supports multiplayer
If you like the mod, please subscribe - thumbs up - unsubscribe =) Or stay subscribed to get update notifications!
- lower idle consumption for some of the vehicles
- better balancing. My target is to make every vehicle drivable between 30 and 50 minutes until the fuel is empty. However, trucks share different engines and gearboxes, so some trucks with very big fuel tanks will take longer until you have to get fuel for those.
- I don't want to annoy you guys with updates, so I try to update only with an official game patch
This mod may not be for everybody!
It will change the experience of the game! Some vehicles in SnowRunner have way too little fuel capacity. I do understand the general sense of challenge and balance of why fuel was integrated into this game as it is. However, as a single-player and a fan of realism, I couldn't stand some of the trucks and how they were just not usable, at all without the need for refueling every 10 to 15 minutes. I started changing some trucks I didn't like but then I decided to search for real-life data and changed every single vehicle! =) Also, I changed some of the fuel consumptions, which felt way too high. This should not feel like cheat vehicles, fuel will be used up, but it definitely changes the balance of the game. If you like keep going for 30 to 60 minutes without refuling, this mod is for you!
Keep in mind (or clarification on power-to-weight):
More fuel means more weight. The graph 'power-to-weight' might change a bit.
It's like in reality: The fuel level slowly shrinks while driving. The power-to-weight ratio is increased. If you refuel, the truck gets heavier, thus the ratio decreases. The actual power stays the same at all times!
However, that little graph and that A+ and S+ rating is absolutely misleading and should be changed to actual numbers. That graph implies that if you lose one bar, you suddenly have a lot less power, which is just not true!
Here's a little example:
truck weight fueled up: 5000 kg, power: 400 hp = power-to-weight ratio 0,080 or 80 hp per ton.
truck weight low on fuel: 4700 kg = power-to-weight ratio 0,085 or 85 hp per ton.
So this difference in the ratio is nothing that makes a significant change to how the vehicle performs, then again, it is on some occasions enough to change that misleading power-to-weight graph.
Installation and backup guide:
Make sure, you have the latest version of WinRAR installed! Other software will cause issues! Always make sure you backup your files before editing!
- Use WinRAR! WinRAR supports *.pak files by default -> No support if you use other, more complicated software. (Download WinRAR for free: Win-rar.com)
- Find the path you installed Snowrunner to. The path is NOT the 'My Documents' folder! (You need to know where you installed your game - I can't tell you this)
- If you found your installation follow the path: SnowRunner\en_us\preload\paks\client
- Open the file 'initial.pak' with WinRAR.
- Open the downloaded mod-file with WinRAR, as well.
- Drag and drop the '[media]' folder from the downloaded mod-file into your initial.pak
See changed fuel capacities below - feel free to use these values for your own mod!
Please understand, that I give no permission to upload this mod to other pages. If you want to share the mod, only use the original download link from snowrunner.mod.io.