I was looking for a nimble truck with saddle capability. There are some mods but in the end I decided to tweak the M916, I already tweaked the 114SD so thought why not tweak it's sibling as well. Sadly the standard M916A1 can not handle modded trailers well because of the short frame. This was the issue I focussed on the most. Now it can use Olsom's semi-trailers!
This is my second tweak so constructive criticism is very welcome. I understand people are not crazy about yet another tweak, I always want to see some new interesting custom model trucks as well but please give this a chance or simply ignore it. If you really feel inclined to leave a thumbs down I would appreciate a comment as to why you voted this way.
Now onto the changes:
- Changed mass and COG slightly
- Increased the fueltank capacity (stock 200, mod 260)
- Raised engine torque to account for raised mass. Should provide a near vanilla experience. Also added two more unrealistic engine. (stock torque ratings 160K, 180K, 192K. mod torque ratings 175K, 195K, 210K, 250K and 300K mod p/w ratings A, A+, S and S+)
- Tweaked the gearbox and added a highrange gearbox, the fine-tune PTS gearbox and a heavy duty 8 gear
- Tweaked the suspensions and added some as well, including active suspension. The rear axles now have suspension settings that are independant from eachother, it should provide a better ride.
- Changed the wheels from medium double to heavy double (1+2), slightly increased the size and also added the P16 and 770G wheels. In comparison to the stock truck you will need raised or active suspension to mount the bigger tires. (stock size 43" & 47", new sizes 44" & 48")
- Changed the steering. The vanilla truck is quite a mess! It has clipping issues and on full steer the wheels do not follow the hub. I tried to fix this to the best of my ability! I had to make a sacrifice for it and ended up changing the steering angle from 40 degrees to 37 degrees but with this short truck it shouldn't matter too much.
- Edited the winches for a bit more strength and length. Offline winches are added as well. (winch lengths of either 20 or 30 meters)
- All vanilla customization addons are available. As wel as added snorkel, added roofrack and added horns on front fenders
- Moved the original low saddle further back to accomodate for modded trailers where the trailer has more overhang over the kingpin. Added a seperate low saddle (that looks like another high saddle) you can use with the vanilla trailers. Saddles clip a bit I can't really make it more pretty than it is. Even with the highest suspension raise and biggest wheels it is possible to get under and couple with a loose trailer (using the small saddle).
- Added small maintainer addon. It didn't look that bad :D
I haven't added any other addons A) because I really want this little thing to be a dedicated saddle truck and B) because most things will look a bit stupid and I am not a fan of them clipping with the riser flaps on the back of the truck. Do you really feel like you are missing some addon on this truck? Write in the comments and I'll see what I can do.
Be sure to check out the tweaks by DocBugsy & Bartelbi7 as they both make amazing tweaks.