This mod started out as nothing more than a challenge to myself. I wanted to take the plain C70 and throw everything at it. Make it into a cool, useful, neat piece of kit. And after tons of trial-and-error, I believe I have landed at something unique. Now it's not without its faults*, but back to those in a second.
Changed over the stock C70 include:
- Navistar engines
- Larger fuel tank
- Tweaked vehicle weight and dynamics
- Added CrawlerBox HD gearbox
- Custom suspensions in Soft & HD
- Added wheel options*
- Winches swapped to Heavy suite with Autonomous Winch HD
- New snorkel options
- Standard AWD*
- Many new frame add-ons
- Lots of new customization options
Now the known issues as marked by *. The C70 has a really narrow rear axle so some of the rear tires aren't attached to the hubs. I could have adjusted that, but I think it looks silly with a much narrower rear track. Next, the truck has standard AWD, but it spawns in with the 2WD visuals. I have made the 4WD axle $1 in the store so its an easy self-fix.
This truck is weird, wild, and just a touch broken. But like a Leatherman it likely will have have you need to get the job done.
I recommend getting FOXCRF450RIDER's Off Road Trailers mod to compliment the increased ride height. Stock has been increased a little bit, and lifted a lot. (An M181 trademark at this point. The rear "emergency" recovery saddle has been optimized for use with the Off Road M747.)
I’m still pretty new to XML tweak modding, so drop a thumb and a review, and let me know what you think. Thanks to LoB1325 for helping me along the way.
01 Aug 2020 - 1.1.1
- Bumped up fuel capacity to 450L
- Swapped TUZ 420 Tatarin wheels for Yar 87 wheels.
01 Aug 2020 - 1.1.0
- Added ability to tow scout trailers
- Added new low-profile cab guard
- Added weighted front bumper option
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Fixed some add-on stacking issues
- Fixed some duplicates
- Fixed some customization item locations in menu
- Updated UI text
Calling this version 1.1.0 as it seems to be optimized at this point. But due to the scope of add-ons, if you notice any problems please send me a message.
31 Jul 2020 - 1.0.2
- Fixed add-ons that did not have proper cargo sockets
- Moved Azov bed forward a tiny bit for better hitch clearance
- Softened all suspensions up (Stock more than HD variants)
30 Jul 2020 - 1.0.1
- Added Azov blue 2-slot bed for use with MiniCrane
- Fixed add-ons that should not have been stacking
- Moved some add-ons to stop physical collisions
- General code clean up
30 Jul 2020 - 1.0.0
- Lowered tire unlock levels a bit
29 Jul 2020 - 0.9.0
Pre-release test version