This Western Star 6900XD has been reworked from the ground up; being refitted with a diesel electric engine and having a cargo system overhaul to support more diverse payloads.
- Reconfigurable Deck - this twinsteer has a special system to configure cargo. Several addons can now be placed on the deck, but in order to carry cargo you must also install the cargo anchor you want.
- In front, you can install a 2-slot cargo anchor, a van body, or a large US crane.
- In back, you can install a 2-slot cargo anchor, a van body, a fuel carrier, a low saddle, or a high saddle.
- Across the whole deck, you can install a 4-slot cargo anchor (which prevents use of other addons).
- I am open to adding other configurations, so feel free to comment if there's a configuration you'd like that's not available. Note: Minicranes do not fit the twinsteer's frame well. They cannot reach the whole deck and have lots of ugly clipping issues. I tested several options, but am not planning to add one currently.
- Engines have been replaced with a single custom diesel electric engine, sporting 350k torque with good fuel efficiency, but at the cost of some fragility. New engine sounds. The truck's additional weight somewhat balances the extra torque, so don't expect it to be OP.
- Gearboxes have been replaced with two custom boxes, styled for the diesel electric hybrid conversion. More uniform fuel consumption across gears (as a hybrid would be).
- Suspension has been overhauled - Many changes working together make these suspensions much better at keeping the truck upright, especially while carrying heavy cargo. Suspension height also reworked to accommodate certain frame addons.
- Wheel selection improved, including tires from Poghrim and Quasi. Thanks guys!
- Diff lock always on
- The truck is somewhat heavier to represent the diesel electric conversion
- Center of mass lowered
- Winches can operate off of hybrid batteries (i.e. all winches are autonomous)
- New Winch Points
- New paint jobs
- Other various small tweaks
The Twinsteer's height makes light semi trailers somewhat awkward to pull. I recommend FOXCRF450RIDER's Off Road Trailers mod to make the most of the saddles on this truck.
This mod contains custom assets, both original and those used with permission. Any unauthorized use will be documented and reported.
- More Black Labs tweaked trucks
- Custom Long Log Bunk