The Willys MB and the Ford GPW, both formally called the U.S. Army Truck, 1⁄4-ton, 4×4, Command Reconnaissance, commonly known as the Willys Jeep, Jeep, or jeep, and sometimes referred to as G503, were highly successful American off-road capable light military utility vehicles built in large numbers to a standardized design for the United States and other Allied forces in World War II from 1941 to 1945. (from Wikipedia)
this is my first mod for SnowRunner and it's coming after a long time of trying and learning how to make the best model possible with the best handling and behaviour possible.
of course i'm open to suggestions and critiques as they will improve my future releases.
there's nothing much to say about this vehicle as i guess anybody who loves off roading knows her as the grandmother of all modern 4x4 vehicles.
1942 Willys MB
this mod include the base vehicle plus some addons:
- Foldable windshield
- Summer canvas top
- MP50 antenna
- M31C pedestal for the .50cal Browning M2 machine gun (still in development)
- 20L US jerry can
- Windshield mounted rifle rack with M1 Garand rifle
- Towing rope
- Spare tires
- Side mounted axe and shovel
- Custom offroad, mud and chained tires
- Bantam T3 trailer (in the ScautTrailer category, so it's compatible with most stock and modded vehicles)
addons in development:
- M2 Browning machine gun
- 37mm Gun M3
- BC620 radio (maybe)
hope you like this, and please leave a comment if you did..or even if you didn't!
if you like my mods and want to support me to see more in the future, feel free to tip me at PayPal.me
- added desert camo scheme for car and most addons (some are only green to add some variation)
- added desert camo rims (need to be manually chosen from the garage as wheels don't have color customization like the rest of the addons)
- added the WW2 British SAS 'Desert Rats' setup
- added the foldable windshield with 2 variants
- added the summer canvas top
- added some radio antenna variants
- better tire alpha (dirt and mud on tires look better now)
- reworked some prices for the addons
- cleaned up some xml files from clutter
- tweaked some xml values for general balance with vanilla scouts
- fixed snow covering, now more realistic and less prominent
- fixed all the lights and flares to lower values
- removed the blue streaks from headlights
- repositioned all the crane sockets
- added a crane socket on top
- fixed 'miscellaneous' category in garage to be all caps
- fixed the upgraded winches to be unlocked at rank 1
- removed console .pak archives
- initial release
model and textures by GioPanda
and a special thanks goes to Tazmanyak for the beta testing and his precious tips, Poghrim and everybody else who helped me out on Discord (maxmike181, ThePuppyMaster above all)
editing, sharing, and altering in any way the model is strictly forbidden, it took me hundreds of hours to get to this, so if you have any suggestion for changes on the model itselft just leave a comment down here, i might agree and update it!
editing of the xml files is allowed ONLY for personal use, it took me a lot of time and effort to deliver the best vehicle possible.
so again if you have any suggestion on how this can be improved i'm all ears!